WOW! What a great show Norah put on! It all started with a plea... a request... and a reply! "YES! I can get you passes to meet Norah." My buddy-bro in NC made the calls and "Presto", we were able to see the show, get VIP seating and meet Norah at the "after show party" at Stubb's BBQ last night! Not only did I get to meet the darling Norah, but I also met some of her family members and their dog. It was quite an incredibly memorable evening! I will never forget it!Norah's opening act was Sasha Dobson. While she was on, some people who had obviously just arrived said, "Is this Norah?"... They must not have really KNOWN what Norah sounded like 'cause although there were similarities, she sounded NOTHING like Norah and was about a foot or so taller... with LONG hair. We ALL know that Norah cut her hair for the new look, the new SOUND and the new BAND.. which was incredible.
We were able to see the concert from the upper level that over looks the stage. It wasn't the best seating in the world, but at least we could see her face and the goings on while it was happening. I am so short that there was no way we could have sat in the crowd... there's no such thing... "NO chairs were allowed" we were so "nicely" told by the security supervisor after bringing our stools. What did they expect us to STAND for four hours straight? I would have fallen over... luckily, we were escorted to the VIP section...where there were seats.
Norah sang some of the new songs off of "The Fall", her new album, but obliged us all with some of her favorites, too..."Come away with me" is one of my favorites and I hoped that she would choose that one....Of course, she had to do Lonestar, being a Texan and BEING IN Texas! She was very happy to note that several times.... SHE LOVES TEXAS! Well, we love her. Manhattan was another song she sang, which was nice 'cause that is her home now.
Kevin was excited when Sasha pulled out an honest-to-goodness- banjo for one of the more funky songs, but unfortunately, the pick-up wasn't working and despite her efforts to play into the mic... she should have "hung it up" 'cause the electric bass, guitar and drums far outweighed any twangy sound she could have gotten out of it without being plugged in. OH well, you can't blame a girl for trying.
At the after show party, obviously Norah has a lot of family and friends that are from this area because we waited for her while they were cleaning up the joint and she was "freshening up and changing out of her stage clothes" and there were several people hanging out on the far deck with a cooler for her to come "meet and greet"... "shake and howdy"... or whatever you wanna call it. When she finally came out, you wouldn't even have known she was here. She was wearing a very cute dress and all with the show make up, but it was dark and she just meandered over without any gallantry or regard. I just happened to look over and there she was... holding a little baby, not more than 4 months old, on her hip! I honestly thought she was a lot taller than she actually is in person. I could tell she was talking with family because while she was talking to them, she also was "casing the joint" to see who else was there that she did or didn't know. She caught my eye and when she finished up with them, she turned around and I introduced myself and Kevin. It was a little awkward 'cause another gal sort or intervened. Norah just smiled and reached out her hand to me.... I explained how I was able to be there and how grateful I was for this encounter... or something like that... and then I gave her a little gift that I had brought for her. In the gift bag, I also put a letter stating how honored I was to meet her and how her music touched my soul. Of course she didn't open it till after we left, so I hope she got it and liked its contents. What do you get a girl that "has everything"? You'll never know! She did tell me that she "loves to eat". I said, "Me, too!" With all the other folks vying for her attention I didn't want to over extend our welcome so we kept the niceties to a minimum but our meeting was everything I thought it would be. She's so down to earth and a genuinely NICE person... very easy to talk to! Yes, I was a little nervous... but I don't know why!Anyway... I feel grateful and blessed! THANK YOU to all the parties involved that made this opportunity a reality... and another check off on that "bucket list" of mine. CT, SJ, NJ and JC.



No comments:
Post a Comment