Teresa was a beautiful spirit that went way too soon. Everyone loved her. She loved everyone. I was just the baby sister and she was MY big sister. Cystic Fibrosis is a cruel disease, taking children way too young to die. She went ahead of me to protect me and meet me when it's my time. She is surrounded with love by my great grammy, both of my grandmother's, my dad and Aunt KK now. It will be wonderful to see her again, when the time comes. I know she is waiting and what a solace that is for me.
On this day, May 19th, 2010.... Teresa's birthday, she would have been 47 years old. What would she have been like? How would her features still remain from that as the little girl we once knew? Someone once told me that she thought Teresa would look like Jodie Foster or Susan Sarandon when she grew up! She had "Bette Davis Eyes". I know she would have been the loving, incredible person like she was when we were little. If only I had known.....
This was Teresa's last school photo. What a doll! The fourth graders in her class were so loving and gracious. A good majority of them came to her funeral. It's a hard thing for a child of that age to have to deal with that, but they all loved her. She was MEANT to be loved.....
Here we are... chatting after the "morning coffee", you know, discussing what Saturday morning cartoons we would watch or who was going to get the "funny page" first.... We had some really heavy discussions on that porch. Blitzen, my grandma's Shepherd mix, would come bounding around the corner... realizing that we were out there and just about knock us over with kisses. I think Teresa was actually talking to Grandma's plant at this moment the photo was taken. She always had a way with just about everyone--everything!
For some reason, on this "School Picture Day", Teresa decided that "the thing to do" was to wear her winter coat for the photo.... Perhaps it was 'cause she didn't like her hair that day, or just that she thought the coat would make her look exotic in some way. She definitely had a mind of her own with years so much older than what she actually was. CF kinda makes you grow up fast! I was just missing her and wanted to pay tribute to my dear sister today! I will light a candle and say a prayer, sing a little happy birthday to "someone who hears me". I will drink a toast making a "milk mustache" in her honor, sing "Sunshine on My Shoulders" for her and have a piece of Birthday cake to CELEBRATE her LIFE!So many years ago, your fight ended. So many years ago, you took in your last pained breath. So many years ago, the Lord called you home. So many years ago, your mother held you for the last time. And just yesterday, it seems, a little girl lost her big sister... I miss you, Twiggy!

Beautiful EYES!! BEAUTIFUL and ADORABLE little YOUNG LADY! Thanks so much for sharing those additional pictures I had never seen before!
ReplyDeleteO my PatPat... Thanks so much for posting these beautiful memories and photos of Teresa. She was a little fairy girl, wasn't she? Can't you see her with little wings, like Tinkerbell?
ReplyDeleteI love you so.
What a beautiful and touching tribute. Some souls are simply too wonderful to stay in our world long. She is watching you and protecting you. Thank you for sharing some of your memories with us!
ReplyDelete