That is pretty much how I encounter everything in my life, really! It would be NICE to be able to KNOW exactly what you are up against, but sometimes... it's just NOT possible. I was reading one of my friend's blog today and she stated that it takes a lot of time and practice to really become proficient at anything. So, I decided that I didn't really WANT to become proficient at RUNNING or even walking since it takes up sooo much time and I am just not ready to discipline myself into dedicating that much time and effort into this one area, but since I did make a goal to at LEAST beat my time (next year) and am hoping to surpass or meet the time of my friend, Kathy, I have to do a little training in the coming months. She told me the first 5k she ever walked was a lot slower. She decreased her time by HALF! WOW! The first one, though, she was happy just to finish I'm sure, as I was. Perhaps if we are the same pace next year, then we can do it together.... we'll see. I am just so proud that I "made the first move" and now am on the course to 'better health" and perhaps more time with my honey!
Speaking of whom, Kevin was by my side the WHOLE way, well, except for when I "left him in the dust". He told me he would catch up.... LOL! (He had to stop for an adjustment and I kept on going!) I felt much more confident with him by my side giving me all the in's and out's of a "race". Even a snail's pace race. People were passing me and I thought we'd end up at the end of the pack, but I ended up passing them up by the time the race was over... THAT was a good feeling! I am always so concerned about others... I was worried that Kev would be bored and feel like he wanted to run with all the other "crazies" out there, but I was all wet! He just wanted to enjoy the morning, nature and walking with the one he loves. Awwwww! I found myself a sweetie, for sure! He was probably just worried that I would keel over and he wouldn't be there to catch me. I was a little anxious about my blood sugar level going to low, so I brought a couple of little tootsie rolls with me JUST IN CASE. I didn't have to eat them, though, and my levels sustained. I am happy to report that I THINK I have it under control as much as I can. It was nearly a year ago that I was diagnosed with CF Related Diabetes and have been "more than diligent" in getting it under control. My health coach and doctors are quite pleased and somewhat surprised that I am doing so well... what can I say? I am a control freak when it comes to that kinda thing.
Overall, it was a great experience and I feel so blessed and thankful to still be here, able to do this type of thing. At my age, most people with CF are either on Oxygen when they exercise and sometimes even just walking around during their daily activities can get one winded or out of breath.

These are two of my friend, Dee Day's, pieces from her blog I was referring to! She is a great calligrapher, artist, teacher and has quite, some quotes she shares daily. I particularly like these for today ... it was like she was reading my mind. Thanks, Dee! If you want to purchase or even just look at her works of art, you can visit her blog daily for a brand, new piece, of which she creates in her busy schedule. A "Piece a[dee] Day" for a year.. www.deedayart.blogspot.com is the site.Now, we're off to our VERY FAVORITE spot to eat lunch... a WELL DESERVED "Boom BOOM". Chuy's... here we come! YUM!

No comments:
Post a Comment