Trish Taylor, Austin Texas

REMEMBER: You can click on the above logo to get to the most recent posting.... Hope you have fun looking at my creations and other things I love in life.... calligraphy is my passion, but so is my family... consisting of "the love of my life", my hubby, and my three miniature long haired dachshunds. You'll see lots of them here. Loved this quote: There’s something sacred about reading a blog post on someone else’s site. It’s like visiting a friend’s house for a quick meal ’round the breakfast table. It’s personal—you’re in their space, and the environment is uniquely suited for idea exchange and uninterrupted conversation. In many ways, we should be treating our blogs like our breakfast tables. Be welcoming & gracious when you host, and kind & respectful when visiting.” – Trent Walton

Saturday, April 30, 2011

CF Sucks.... the air out of your lungs... LOL!


In the spirit of the Great Strides fundraiser, I want to show my gratitude to all my peeps who have donated to this great cause!  I have some wonderful people who love me... and whom I love in return.  I have been involved with this endeavor for as long as I can remember either walking in it, collecting donations, volunteering at the booth on the day of the walk or something else.  It is something that I hold close to my heart since having this dreaded disease, I know full well that a cure could only be my saving grace.  

At this time, I would like to thank everyone who has donated so far this year and hope that you know each time I open my mailbox and get a card or letter or get an email with a message from CFF saying that someone else has given to Great Strides on my behalf, I am floored. All the donations and encouraging words at this time of year gives me the HOPE and strength to keep on fighting throughout the year for just "one more breath".   If you haven't given to my campaign yet, I hope you will consider doing so either online or sending a check in the mail.  Time is of the essence, though, since the walk is just around the corner.  If you want to donate online my personal page is http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/trishtaylor  Anything you care to give is tax deductible and the more you give is not necessarily the BEST thing. If you can only give a LITTLE this year, it's better than thinking, "I can't give $50, so I am not going to donate anything!"  My smallest donation this year was $5 and it meant as much to me or MORE than some of the larger donations, as I know it really came from the heart!!! It's the "little things" that add up, remember! Of course, you need not give a dime and I will still love you and consider you my "peep", but keep in mind that the dollars spent go to a good place.  I can honestly say that I would not be here RIGHT NOW, if it weren't for the diligent and generous people who look forward to this event each year in memory of loved ones lost of just the fact that they know me and I have educated them on this horrid disease.  The monies from Great Strides go toward a multitude of things, but all the research and drugs that come down the pipeline, eventually getting to me, have helped me live a more normal, longer life.  Thanks again!  If you want more info or my address to send me a personal check made out to CFF, please email me or leave a message here. Spread the word and ask a friend for me....
I have the link on my Facebook wall as well.  With gratitude and humility,  Trish

1 comment:

  1. Trish - you are a inspiration. I do not usually donate $$ online, but I am coming to Austin this week and will give Mom some $$ to get to you.

    Your photos are darling....you really are amazing.
    Thanks for having me on your list.....
    xo
    Jone

    ReplyDelete