Trish Taylor, Austin Texas

REMEMBER: You can click on the above logo to get to the most recent posting.... Hope you have fun looking at my creations and other things I love in life.... calligraphy is my passion, but so is my family... consisting of "the love of my life", my hubby, and my three miniature long haired dachshunds. You'll see lots of them here. Loved this quote: There’s something sacred about reading a blog post on someone else’s site. It’s like visiting a friend’s house for a quick meal ’round the breakfast table. It’s personal—you’re in their space, and the environment is uniquely suited for idea exchange and uninterrupted conversation. In many ways, we should be treating our blogs like our breakfast tables. Be welcoming & gracious when you host, and kind & respectful when visiting.” – Trent Walton

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sandala's not Mandala's!

At the end of last year, my dear friend and colleague, Sandy taught me how to do a "Mandala" in study group. It was so much fun. You start with a chalk pencil circle around it. I have left a faint line on here so you can see it. I am including a couple of mine... very amateurish compared to hers. I will also include a couple of her amazing ones so you can see what I mean. She is an incredible artist, calligrapher and friend. Ever since she learned how to make them, she has been going crazy with the creative factor. As of late, she has turned her little mandala's, which I call "Sandala's" now, into little gift boxes complete with stickers inside. I reminded her how to make these handcrafted boxes and now she has a chance to sell them at a local gift shop. I am very happy for her. The one on the left is mine... as well as the one directly below on the right.




















Sandy's!


This one is Sandy's! So perfect.

The colored ones are some of a box she made as a gift for a friend's birthday!


Here she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment